Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Another little "personal project"...

Continuing on the "personal project" theme...

Not to be outdone, my flowers demanded they get their own blog post, after they saw the one about my mom's garden (scroll down, February 10th).  Of course, never one to refuse a flower anything, I was happy to oblige.  Can't deny it, I'm proud of them. They deserve their fifteen minutes of fame too.  ;)

So without further ado: my garden.







I'm a sucker for pansies. (As you can tell.)  And planting things in whimsical containers.


Tiny hollyhock seedlings...


Baby cauliflower! Harvested the first full-grown one last week. Yum.


If you know me, you know I get very excited when the hydrangea bush starts budding out...


And a trip indoors to photograph the gorgeous amaryllis in bloom...


Lavendar -- can't live without it.  I already have four big plants. Hehe.




Sometimes gardeners get this itch to grow something challenging. I'm not immune to that. Lupines are tough to grow here, but I'm trying...we'll see what happens.


First tulips started blooming this Sunday!


This row of cabbage keeps getting bigger and bigger...and bigger...
  
  

I have two little "Colonnade" apple trees -- grown in containers on the patio.


"Monet's Garden" mesclun mix


One can never have too many pansies and violas, right??


There.  Hopefully these silly flowers will give me some peace now.  ;)


- Kelsey

Discovering beauty... 

Kelsey Schweickert  |  San Francisco Bay Area wedding photographer
Visit my website  |  Email me  |  Follow me on Twitter  |  Like my photography on Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Your mom's garden always inspired me... and seeing these tells me that you're walking in her footstep! Lovely, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete