Monday, January 10, 2011

Come photograph Yosemite National Park!

Hey photographers and students!  I'm doing a photography workshop in Yosemite National Park next month...and YOU are invited!  :)


Of all the places I've been, Yosemite remains the top of the list.  It's not just because I grew up backpacking and nordic skiing there; I really think there's something inordinately special about the place.  You see the hand of our Creator in such a beautiful balance: his majestic power in the towering granite cliffs and crashing waterfalls, as well as his grace and beauty shining through delicate frost designs on the pine needles or soft sunrise colors.  It's a stunning, intriguing, awe-inspiring, and completely one-of-a-kind place.



We'll cover composition for landscape, exposure and HDR, sunrises/sunsets and star trails (weather permitting!), do some post-processing in Lightroom, review/share/critique each day, and have plenty of random adventures.  :)  Most of all, we'll focus on hands-on time as we explore the magnificent Yosemite Valley with our cameras!

Cost and schedule details are still being worked out, but I'll post those soon.  Register early and you'll get a discount!
If there's anything I can teach you about landscape, it's to expect the unexpected -- we can predict a lot of things, but ultimately we're at the mercy of the outdoors.  It's an adventure with your camera!  And while I can't see into the future, I'm pretty sure I can guarantee you that we'll have experiences like Ansel Adams talked about: "Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."


So when is it? Well, here's where you can help me out!  I'm looking at either February 25-28 or March 4-7, and I'll go with whichever gets the most votes.  Just comment here, email me at kelsey@photographybykelsey.net, or message me on Facebook.  Any other questions?  Let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!

- Kelsey

Discovering beauty...
 

3 comments: