Tuesday, May 31, 2011

San Francisco in blue

You all know I'm crazy about Yosemite, and the outdoors in general...so it would seem that urban scenes aren't always my favorite.  While that's sometimes true, there's a certain time of day that I LOVE urban photography: blue hour!

Blue hour is a magical time that comes every evening after sunset.  The sun goes down, the colors fade, everything looks drab...and then as the sky darkens, it passes through the most sublime course of blue shades any connoisseur of color could ask for.

I'm too indecisive to settle down on a particular favorite color -- I have a whole repertoire of favorite colors -- but these deep, rich, magnificent blues definitely rank high on the list!

Everything around turns blue, reflecting the sky, and when you combine that with incandescent lights, I think it's just gorgeous.  Here's an image I took in San Francisco a few weeks ago during blue hour:


This was during Julie and Dan's engagement session, and yes, we did some photos of them at blue hour too!  Looking forward to sharing those with you soon!  :)

- Kelsey

Discovering beauty...

Kelsey Schweickert  |  San Francisco Bay Area wedding photographer
Visit my website  |  Email me  |  Follow me on Twitter  |  Like my photography on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. I was there getting on my flight to Germany! It was beautiful early this morning too! Love this shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth! There's nothing like early/late view of the city... :) Hope you're having a fun time!

    ReplyDelete