Monday, August 20, 2012

Freezer Lavender-Blueberry Cheesecake


So I'm thinking a cake recipe isn't *totally* off-the-subject for a wedding photography blog, right?  ;)  I made this a few weeks ago, starting with a recipe I found online (here) and tweaking it a bit...I un-veganed it and did a few other things to make it more my style.   Of course I had to brag a bit on Facebook, and then people wanted the recipe... ;)



Freezer Lavender-Blueberry Cheesecake


CRUST:
3/4 c. cashews (or almonds or pecans)
1/4 c. dried coconut (unsweetened)
1/3 c. dates, cut up 
pinch salt

Blend till crumbly (it will be a little sticky).  Line 6" pan (or larger if you want a shallower cheesecake) with parchment paper and press crust into the bottom.  Put in freezer while you prepare filling.

FILLING:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened

1/4 c. + 1 T. honey
30 drops vanilla-flavored stevia (or unflavored stevia + 1 t. vanilla)
1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt
2 T. lemon juice
1 T. lavender flowers (I used dried flowers from my garden -- I have several varieties but don't know which this one is -- English lavender is good, you just want one of the sweeter ones, not too spicy)
pinch salt
1 T. each coconut oil and coconut butter
1/2 c. blueberries

Blend all ingredients except blueberries until very smooth.  Divide into two parts.  Add blueberries to one part and blend together.  Pour blueberry mixture into pan and freeze.  Once it's solid enough, pour the rest of the filling mixture on top and freeze till firm.  Then comes the really fun part...decorate with flowers!  :)

Enjoy!


- Kelsey

Discovering beauty... 
Kelsey Schweickert  |  San Francisco Bay Area wedding photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment