Friday, September 17, 2010

Yosemite with Leah

Wow, this poor blog has been neglected lately...this week has been VERY full and I've barely had time to breathe!  My friend Leah came to California for a workshop by Dane Sanders, and she and I took a quick overnight trip to Yosemite.  It was beautiful there, as always...we came away with great photos, good memories, and hearts more grateful than ever for God's goodness to us.

We got there Sunday just in time to catch a lovely rainbow in Bridalveil Falls before the sun went down.  Such a sweet reminder of God's promises.


That night we did star trails...my "official" star trail shot of the evening is coming later, but for now, you can enjoy this one.  :)  It was one of a few 30-second shots before a couple longer exposures of 30 minutes.


One more long-ish exposure of Bridalveil, from just after sunset...love the way the water streams down so gently over the hard cliff face.  It's so soft and creamy.


It was great hanging out with you, Leah!  :D  Thanks for being an awesome friend!!


I'm heading out to pick up my friend Rob at the airport, then we're going to the rehearsal for Julie and Dan's wedding tomorrow...can't wait to photograph these fun people!  :D

- Kelsey Schweickert

Visit my website  |  Email me  |  Follow me on Twitter  |  Like my photography on Facebook

1 comment: