Saturday, August 14, 2010

A celebration of sharp focus!

My faithful old 24-70mm f/2.8L lens had to go to Canon for repair last month.  It wasn't focusing consistently, which can be a disaster when you are trying to capture brides walking down aisles and emotions flickering through a mother's face and cute flower girls with twirly skirts and...well, you know, all those kinds of things.  Things that make me excited to do what I do!

So, it went to Canon for professional repair, and meanwhile I shot a wedding and an engagement shoot and portraits and events and backpacking...with four or five other lenses.  It was good to have my technique and creativity stretched a little, and not have my "old standby" lens to fall back on.  But it's awesome to have it back!

I took it out yesterday for a quick garden tour to check out the focus...and it's sharp as a tack!  Check out this sunflower bud:


Of course, then the sunflower next to this asked to be photographed:


And there was a Flowering Maple nearby...


And a gorgeously intricate Passion Flower climbing up the arch...



And a gloriously ostentatious, dinnerplate-sized Oriental Lily, the glory of an August flower garden...


...and a very busy bee, working busily on harvesting all the nectar from this Pincushion Flower.


I'm working on engagement photos this evening...more of Dan and Julie soon!

- Kelsey Schweickert


Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Email me  |  Follow me on Twitter  |  Like my photography on Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Oooo. I love the first one, and then the passion flower one especially. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Glad you got it back in time for your weeding that you are shooting in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely lovely! I love your pictures, Kelsey. =) You always take such exquisite photos of exquisite flowers! what a beautiful variety!

    ReplyDelete