Monday, October 11, 2010

An ocean of love


So, it's Monday, and I'm running around trying to get things done. And this blog post started out very short and isn't quite so short now. But there's this verse that a good friend sent me yesterday that's really been on my mind…so maybe some of you needed to see this verse today too, I don't know… :)

"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him."
James 1:12

I've experienced a few of those "trials" these last three months.  Things that Satan has used to attack me, and tried very hard to get me to interpret the wrong way -- you're not worth anything, you'll never be able to forgive, you deserved this, God doesn't really care about you.

The truth is, God does NOT like it when things like this happen. He doesn't enjoy seeing us suffer. He looks at all the goings-on here on earth and His heart aches at the ways His children hurt each other.

But...He often lets things happen that DO deeply hurt us, because it creates the capacity in us to receive more of the true depth of His love. To see His heart. To find out His true intentions for our lives.

When you are hurt deeply, you can receive His love much more deeply than before. You can find out what He really thinks about you. That He looks at you with a smile in His eyes, and thinks to Himself, "I know the thoughts I think toward you…thoughts of peace, and not of evil…."

This is the last thing Satan wants. He will oppose us on every side. He has a deep hatred for God and everything good that God has created (remember, when God created you He said, "It is good!"). And Satan will do anything to hurt God's heart by hurting the ones He loves. He floats accusing thoughts by our minds and tries to get us to agree…"you're worthless…God doesn't really care or He wouldn't have let this happen…people will always hurt you like this…you can't really trust anyone..."

Pain will come. It's part of life here. We don't live in the perfect world God originally meant us to live in. But He offers us life. Restoration. Healing. You have a choice -- either listen to the enemy's whispered lies and misunderstand God's heart for you, or cling tightly to your heavenly Father and trust that He truly does care about you.  And receive His promise of LIFE.

Let the pain push you to Him. Let it reveal what He really thinks about you. His heart holds an ocean of love for you!

- Kelsey Schweickert

Discovering beauty…

Visit my website  |  Email me  |  Follow me on Twitter  |  Like my photography on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. thanks Kelsey...I really needed this. :) some of what you talked about are exactly what I've been going through.

    It really struck me how you put it: "And Satan will do anything to hurt God's heart by hurting the ones He loves." I've never exactly thought of it that way, but it is so very true. And then how you added: "Pain will come. It's part of life here...But He offers us life. Restoration. Healing."

    Wow.
    I'd love to give you a hug right now.
    Thanks for sharing what was on your heart. I need to take your last admonition to heart: "let the pain push you to Him." {Amen}

    This was great...even if it was just for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth Ann, I'm so glad...and I'll give you back the hug, with interest! :) These truths are so important to keep in our hearts, aren't they...so easy to forget when the battle gets intense. We have to continually re-orient our minds with His truth. It's the only way not to lose heart. And He treasures His relationship with us and wants to bring us the healing that often has to come *through* pain.

    God bless and keep your heart close to Him! :)

    ReplyDelete