Monday, December 13, 2010

Random acts of...gingerbread. Or maybe not so random!

We bring you this brief time-out from wedding photos for a glimpse of the wondrous architectural nonsense that took place recently at a Christmas party in Berkeley.  Five teams of gingerbread-house-making geniuses were pitted against each other in fierce competition.  Candy, icing, and creativity were everywhere...




Forget the houses, can we just eat the candy?  ;)

  

Looks intense...




Eeeew.  Hazards of the job, I guess.



Molly's team came up with this awesome bridge.  I hope you appreciate the blue candies underneath, representative of water.  ;)


Evans: "Thirty seconds left!!!"  (Or was it "Time for dessert"?  I don't remember...)



Gingerbreadhenge... ;)


  

The evening also included a food drive for the Bay Area Rescue Mission, a ministry in Richmond.


This hot chocolate was what you call intense.

The winning team!


And happy about it!  ;)


The prize: free meal tickets to the Bistro!  (OK, true confessions, I've never eaten there -- but judging from these happy faces, it must be good!)


Crazy busy week here, but I'll be posting more wedding photos in the next day or two.  :)  God bless you all!

- Kelsey Schweickert


Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Email me  |  Follow me on Twitter  |  Like my photography on Facebook
 

No comments:

Post a Comment