Sunday, March 21, 2010

the green machine

Alright...I'm a photographer, I love green, and I love my new (to me) car.  Therefore I take photos of my green car.  And want to share them.  So I ask you, kind readers, please humor me once more and allow me a few more car photos...  ;)

The first is my favorite.  What's yours?






Happy.  :)


Best of all, with 4WD, this kind of thing is a breeze:


And enables me to do THIS kind of thing.  ;)


I know it's not a fancy car by any stretch of the imagination.  But to me, it's a beautiful gift from the Lord.

I've looked and prayed for a car for long time. Not having a tremendous car budget, and not knowing much about cars, I was beginning to think it would be impossible to find something above jalopy grade.  I've looked and prayed for a long time.  Of course it wouldn't be the BMW of my dreams (yet!!), but if I could just get something reliable that could get me to piano and photo gigs, that would be great.  And -- I figured this was pretty silly, but I asked the Lord, if it was his will, could he please find me one with a sunroof?

I shopped on and off for months.  I got discouraged.  I began to wonder if God was ever going to come through for me.  After all, he's my loving Heavenly Father, but when you go for a long time without receiving something you know you need, something you've asked him about repeatedly, don't you find yourself beginning to wonder?  It's the same insidious question that Satan asked Eve, thousands of years ago in the Garden of Eden: "Isn't God withholding something good from you?"

In just one week's time, my doubts were shredded and my confidence in his goodness was strengthened.  It all happened so fast.  I'm still in awe of how he lined everything up so perfectly...an experience on snowy Tahoe hills with a 2-wheel-drive sedan that got me thinking about SUVs again.  A re-listed ad with a newly lowered price.  A friend who knows a ton about cars and had time to help me out.  A free Saturday.  A seller who was willing to give me a good deal.  A beautiful deep green (I would've taken pretty much any color I had to, but God knew I really didn't want boring white or silver, and definitely wouldn't buy something red or really noticeable!).  And 4WD and leather seats and cargo space and a roof rack and...oh yeah!!

It's not just a car.  It's a reminder that my Father cares for me.

Oh, and as you can see from the photos...it has a sunroof.  ;)


- Kelsey Schweickert


Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Contact me  |  Follow me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Photo #4 is my favorite. Cool car...looks like a great "all-around" vehicle. God is so good to answer our prayers and supply for every need.

    ReplyDelete