Monday, March 29, 2010

Hard day. But a good day.

(Practicing our portrait skills with a doll)

Today was hard...but good.  I spent the day at a photography studio in San Francisco, attending a training session for NILMDTS.  "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" is a non-profit organization I mentioned in a recent post about my sister Amy.  They provide professional portrait sessions for families with babies who don't have long to live, or have already passed away.  Here's a video that sums it up...



NILMDTS was featured on the Today Show a couple years ago...not an easy video to watch, but it clearly shows what a priceless treasure this service is to the families.

"There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

So, hard day...but a good one.  Like these photo sessions are.  Hard, but good.  And entirely worthwhile.

- Kelsey Schweickert


Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Contact me  |  Follow me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Kelsey, this is wonderful. Truly truly worthwhile. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. so are you going to do NILMDTS now? An acquiantance of mine told me about them a year or two ago. I think it's such a neat ministry, but I think it'd be SO hard to photograph still borns or dead infants... and such grief! =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so, Leah. My application is still "under review" (they say it takes 6-8 weeks) so I can't do any shoots myself yet. It's definitely going to be hard...but so worthwhile. The ability to give these families something they can treasure even though their little one is gone -- that's worth the tears.

    ReplyDelete