Saturday, March 20, 2010

Smashing spring skiing styles (?)

Seen at Dodge Ridge yesterday: my two uncles, sporting some truly amazing styles...


Orange shorts and blue leggings.  Such class.  Not to mention camo suspenders.  But of course the pièce de résistance, in my opinion, is the old-style long, straight skis!

And then there was my cousin Tim.  Now here, my friends, is a gentleman who clearly knows how to dress for the occasion:


(And I'm related to these folks??)  ;)

My apologies for using a lowly cell phone camera for such important moments.  But it was all I had.  I'm rather glad the other camera was in a safe location, because I probably would have dropped it in the snow, being overcome with laughter more than once.  ;)

Now, don't let my relatives' amazing style fool you, they ski better than they dress.  In fact they ski very well.  They're just unusually gifted in their fashion sense.  Or perhaps they didn't want to overwhelm the other skiers with their superior sartorial effects.  Or...I'm not quite sure.  They're Schweickerts, what else can I say??

And let me assure you, clothing style aside (or perhaps because of it?), we all had a great day on the slopes.  :D



Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Contact me  |  Follow me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Go Tim! I have the exact same shirt...though I have never worn it on the slopes. :o)

    I like the touch that the cowboy has gives too...very classy.

    Great blog Kelsey...I enjoy the amazing pictures and the humorous stories.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. "See that car over there? We built it...."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great times! Love the out-of-the-box thinking there with the styles. I just went skiing for the first time this past week....and although I am still a big fan of my snowboard I must say that skiing is a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete