Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's day!

So, in the spirit of St. Patrick's day, and my Irish great-grandma Callaghan, here's some GREEN for you!  And some not-so-green pretty things that I found along the way.





St. Patrick's Day, meet St. Valentine's Day.  ;)


Cherry blossoms


Green window box with green things in it on a green shed.  :)  Score!



My mom's picture-book lettuce.  (Don't tell Peter Rabbit where she lives.)



Rose leaf.  (A pinnately compound leaf, for my botanically-inclined friends.)


Anybody know what flower comes from this?  It's rather poetically titled.

(I'll treat you at Starbucks if you can tell me the answer.  But I doubt anybody can guess.)

Cerinthe


I love this one.  :)


Johnny-Jump-Ups...wee itty members of the pansy family


Found on a golf course lawn.  Hehe.  That makes me chuckle.


Forget-me-nots


Proof that spring is in the air...the maple trees are budding out!


And umm, yeah, another proof that spring is here.  ;)
(Well, you know me, I can't go for long without a silly foot photo!)


Hope you enjoyed the spring and the green.  Frankly, I was having so much fun making images of green things, I couldn't choose which photos to use...so I just posted a whole bunch.  :)  Green is such a restful color.  I love it.

Parting shot...




Discovering beauty...


2 comments: