Sunday, May 16, 2010

Birthday gift for my mom!

There's a certain book my mom loves, called "Tasha Tudor's Garden".  Tasha Tudor was an American illustrator whose Vermont garden is a heaven-on-earth for people like my mom who love growing pretty things.  Every January, when her garden was looking a bit drab, mom used to check the book out from the library, and curl up by the fire and disappear into a happy little dream-world of spring and summer beauty.

Well, this spring her garden has looked unusually outstanding, and every day mom's been reveling in the constantly unfolding variety of lush color.  She loves working with the Creator to design pretty things.  I tell you, it's a feast for the eyes!  She's so happy when she's puttering around in her garden, and justifiably proud of it all.  Several weeks ago she asked if I'd take some photos of it.  Well, of course!  ;)  Can't resist photographing pretty things!

That's when the idea popped into my head—why not design a book for her birthday?  I could do it just like the wedding albums I do for clients..................

And that was the end of that.  :)  After much fun in Lightroom and Photoshop, and not a few late nights, this book was born.



Enjoying her book in her garden.  :)  She loves the book.  She's now a published garden expert, you know.  ;)


Back cover—some verses that are special to her:








I have such a cute mommy!  ;)  She is so precious.


We like having fun. And I think we do it quite well. Hehe.  Can you tell we're related??  ;)

 

(There were quite a few more in this series...but they got censored... ;)

If you'd like to see the entire book, all the 2-page spreads are in an album here.  Or if you want to see a slide show you can click here.  :)

- Kelsey

Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Contact me  |  Follow me on Twitter  |  Like my photography on Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Kelsey, Kelsey...what a lovely and personal gift that your mom will treasure! Thanks for sharing; it is so beautiful. You do good with layouts. One day I want to figure all that stuff out - how to make a book and all. =) So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kelsey and such a very special gift! One your mom will treasure forever!!!
    The Lord has truly blessed you with a very beautiful talent...knowing how to capture the beauty He has created! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Hope you have a lovely week! Miss you! ;)
    Love,
    Amber Wassenaar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ruth Ann and Amber! I really appreciate your encouragement! It's definitely the Lord...He's the one who gives the creativity. :) And the grace to put in the effort. I love my job!

    ReplyDelete