Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy birthday to my dear mom, Nicole!

Today is my mom's birthday!  I've been sitting here for quite some time, trying to think of what to write...and everything seems so inadequate.  I owe her way too much to put into words.  She's spent many years of her life pouring her energies into my life and the rest of my family.  Like the Lord Jesus she loves so much, she gave selflessly, for the sake of those she loves.  If you don't know my mom...I hope you get to, someday!  She's pretty amazing!  :)




You know the photos of those beautiful flowers you see here from time to time?  Many of those are from mom's beloved garden.  She spends every Saturday out there.  (She says it's "better than therapy"...)  ;)


She is a lover of beauty in all its forms.  Along with my dad, she instilled that same love in me and inspired me to go "Discovering beauty".  She loves the outdoors and she's never happier than when she's out in God's creation....skiing, hiking, swimming, playing tennis, and all sorts of outdoor activities.


When it comes to swimming, my mom's a tough cookie.  She can out-swim me any day, much as I hate to admit it.  ;)  Her endurance is something else.


She's also not afraid of heights....eeeyikes!! :D


Dear mommy...have a wonderful birthday, and may God bless you as richly as you've blessed me and everyone else your life touches.  Your sweet friendship with Him is lovely to see.  I'm so grateful for the many ways you have given of yourself for me.  May Jesus delight your heart to overflowing today, and give you many precious times with Him in the year ahead!


(Side note...I really really want to show you the birthday present I gave her, but you'll have to wait till after she opens it!  I'll post photos later!)

- Kelsey

Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Contact me  |  Follow me on Twitter  |  Like my photography on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo of your mom and the bunny.
    Tell her happy Birthday for me.

    Christina Morse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mom!
    You saved my life once - I'll never forget.
    It's at the end of the linked post below...
    http://cycling-through.blogspot.com/2008/06/3-rides.html

    Scott, Bec, Ella, and Gianna love you too!

    ReplyDelete