Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bokeh heaven with an 85mm 1.2

A good friend loaned me her 85mm 1.2 lens recently, so in between editing wedding photos, I ran out to the garden to have some fun with it. I didn't have time for anything too grand, but even just shooting flowers has sent me to bokeh heaven, for sure! So here's a smattering of what I found...

Hydrangeas are some of my favorite flowers.  I just love them.  I dream of huge bushes with enormous masses of huge flowers...but I guess I'll have to wait for that till I move to the coast someday...they only grow like that in very temperate areas.



Just look at the beautiful creamy background!








This funny little flower is commonly known as "Pincushion Flower".




I just love what the lens is doing to this big mop of lobelia flowers.  :)  It makes me smile.


That's all for now.  Hope you enjoyed the "pretty things".  :)

- Kelsey Schweickert

Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Contact me  |  Follow me on Twitter  |  Like my photography on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Kelsey! I want to be like you when I grow up. :) {sigh} These are absolutely gorgeous...you're slightly making me jealous b/c of that lens. But, I guess you were borrowing it too. =) These just made me smile and put some beauty in my day today. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! Me wants 1.2 in my bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I think I'm in love with the first image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I was borrowing it...sigh...I'd like one too. ;) Just don't happen to have a spare $2K lying around. Maybe someday when I'm rich and famous... ;)

    ReplyDelete