Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

A few years ago when I first started blogging, I posted these photos and verses on Good Friday.  Now seems like a good time to go back and re-post them!

Enjoy...and may we all be awestruck today by the depth of Jesus' sacrificial love.


His only crown was cruel thorns...


"He was despised and rejected by men;
a man of sorrows,
and acquainted with grief..."

His sweat was like great drops of blood while he prayed alone among the olive trees...



"Surely he has borne our griefs,
and carried our sorrows;
yet we did esteem him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted."

He did it because he loved us...and in his death we have new life.


"But he was wounded for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the chastisement of our peace was upon him;
and with his stripes we are healed."



He did it for us!




- Kelsey Schweickert


Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Contact me  |  Follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment