Thursday, April 22, 2010

More Yushu photos

I had so much fun going thru Yushu photos last night, I think I'll post a few more!  :)


It took a 600-mile, 15-hour ride on a sleeper bus to get to Yushu (and that was on the newly *improved* road!). We went over a 16,670-foot pass on the way...but I don't remember it because I was asleep.  Sort of.  As much as one can sleep when one is trying to stay warm while huddled under a mildewy comforter, on a little bunk five feet off the bus floor, breathing air thick with cigarette smoke!  Not to mention the bumpy, curvy road...


It was totally worth it though.  The people and the scenery are beautiful.



Don't you just love her smile?



This little guy stole my heart.



They can cram amazing amounts of people on their motorcycles here.  The whole family just piles on and off they go down the road!  I think the most I ever saw was five on one bike, maybe six.





Many nomads live in tents in the high country with their flocks of sheep, goats and yaks.



Please keep praying for the people in this remote area of China...disasters like the recent earthquake are much worse in a third-world country.  Even everyday life is not easy for these folks.  They need Jesus' love and protection more than ever right now.


- Kelsey Schweickert


Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Contact me  |  Follow me on Twitter  |  Become my fan on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment