Friday, April 2, 2010

"Consider the lilies of the field..."

Calla lilies grow here like weeds.  Sometimes they get to four feet tall, with leaves like big green umbrellas.  I don't know what possesses these things to grow like this, but they're all over the place!

It rained cats and dogs the night before last.  So first thing in the morning my camera dragged me outside to take a few calla lily photos before diving into the day's work.  I didn't complain.  ;)






And finally, my favorite photo this week!  (Drumroll...)


This just makes me smile.  :)  Amazing, isn't it, what joyful beauty God puts into little details!

Sometimes I feel like a "little detail" myself.  Why should anybody bother about little ol' me?  Yet Somebody has bothered...more than bothered, He moved heaven and earth to come rescue me and bring healing and forgiveness and relationship with him.  How shocking that God would concern himself that much with his wayward creation.  How he loves us.

Hope your Good Friday is truly "good".

- Kelsey Schweickert


Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Contact me  |  Follow me on Twitter

6 comments:

  1. Those are SO awesome!!!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous, Kelsey! And, oh my word, that last one is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* I love your blog - it's such a beautiful happy place:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh look it did my comment that I thought didn't make it. Oops :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! :) Jen, that's exactly what I hoped...I'm so glad it's a "beautiful happy place!" :D

    ReplyDelete