Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yushu

I was going to post about the photo sessions this weekend in Chicago...but recently my thoughts have been far away from there, thousands of miles away, in a town called Yushu.  I was there a couple years ago with several other photographer friends.  It's in the Qinghai province of China, where the population is 97% Tibetan.




Last week there was an earthquake in Yushu.  Hundreds of people have been killed.  It's been difficult to provide aid, because it's a remote, rural area.  In addition, many of the rescue workers aren't used to the high altitude there (much of the area is over 13,000 feet), and the weather is making things difficult.



Please pray for the many thousands of people there whose lives have been drastically changed.  Many have lost friends and family members, homes, and most of their possessions.  Life is hard when you're living under a tarp near the remains of your home, and the temperature drops below freezing every night (they've had some snow there too).  These are people God cares about -- let's keep them in our prayers!

- Kelsey Schweickert


Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Contact me  |  Follow me on Twitter  |  Become my fan on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment