Monday, April 12, 2010

Rainbow

Well, I was going to post about the grand times we had last Thursday and Friday, shredding the snowy slopes at Heavenly with the tremendous Novotny family. But I think we'll delay that one a bit, because...

It rained all day yesterday.  Around 6pm the sun came out, and I looked out the window and saw an enormous rainbow shining in the sky.  Talk about gorgeous!  But I couldn't photograph it here at home -- too many trees in the way.  By the time I grabbed my camera stuff and headed for my car, the sun had disappeared and the rainbow was gone.  I hopped in anyway and zoomed off, praying that the Lord would bring back the rainbow.  Sure enough, by the time I got to the spot where I could shoot, there it was!  So...here are a few rainbows for you...and an assortment of other pretty things.  :)


God keeps His promises!
 

Of course, to get this ^ sometimes you have to endure some of this:

 

And your shoes and pants end up soaked, like this:

 
...because you have to go wading through waist-deep grass and mustards and thistles, all thoroughly rain-drenched.  And then the sun goes away and the rain comes back and you get dumped on.  But that's okay.  I found lots of pretty things!  :)  And the sun came out again...


There were some pretty purple mustards on the hillside, and well, you know me, had to photograph those too!



And some sort of yellow bush.


I love dogwoods!


And a funny little thistle. I didn't enjoy wading through a bunch of these guys on my way to find just the right
spot to photograph the rainbow, but once I was there I figured I might as well photograph the little thistly guys too. They are pretty.



Another rainbow shot...


If you look closely, you can see a red-winged blackbird having the time of his life up there in the sky, just goofing off as only a little bird can.  I'm sure he was enjoying the beautiful rainbow too, in his birdy little way.

And gradually the clouds cleared and the rainbow faded away...


And Kelsey trod the muddy little path back to her car and went home with a full CF card and a happy heart.  ;)

God bless you all!  May you rest securely in Him -- knowing that His promises never fail.

- Kelsey Schweickert


Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Contact me  |  Follow me on Twitter  |  Become my fan on Facebook

1 comment: