Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Heavenly. And it was.

A couple weeks ago my brother Chris and I went to Heaven...........ly.  The Novotny clan was out for the week, and we joined them for two days of whizzing around on the snow.  What a blast!


Heavenly and the Sierras were beautiful as usual...


Awww :)


Don't join these two unless you want to go some crazy places at crazy speeds.  Double trouble.
(You'll notice Chris is wearing a helmet, and Ben isn't. You can form your own conclusions.)


Yaaaah, it wasn't as bad as these warning signs might make you think.  Big moguls, but they were nice and slushy by early afternoon, and we had a ball.


If you have a laptop, you too can join this aprés-ski crowd.  ;)  All I had was a fisheye lens but they let me in anyways.


And then there was an uproarious game of Skittles.


Stiff competition here!


Meanwhile, the boots peacefully dried before the fireplace...


I think Mandy is one amazing individual.  :)  It was a treat to hang out with her.
She's getting married next month -- so exciting!!  Can't wait!


It really was a heavenly couple of days. Thanks for including us, Novotny clan!

(A side note...most of these are cell phone pics...sorry for the occasional fuzziness!)  ;)

- Kelsey Schweickert


Discovering beauty...

Visit my website  |  Contact me  |  Follow me on Twitter  |  Like my page on Facebook

5 comments:

  1. Mandy IS amazing. No question about that!!! These pictures make me smile; I'm so glad you posted them. Mandy has been an incredible encourager in my life and is a very special friend to me.

    So nice that you got to spend some days with her and her family! And, I hear, you're the photographer for her wedding, aren't you?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She IS an incredible encourager! :) And yes, I'm the photographer for her wedding...can't wait! I'm so happy for her. She's going to be such a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are Cell Phone pics a bad thing?
    The camera is oft a might bulky for long adventures.

    I'm enjoying your pictures.

    I've been derelict. No posting for too long.
    No skiing for too long.

    I must do better. I must get less busy. I must begin less procrastination soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well that's exciting Kelsey! like so, so, SO very exciting that you're Mandy's wedding photographer. actually that is how I found you and your blog, because in the past weeks or months Mandy had posted a link or something. I'm so glad I 'got on the band' to follow you along *before* the wedding, and can't wait to see those amazing pictures! She will be one amazingly gorgeous bride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, cell phone pics aren't bad at all, Scott...if a cell phone is all you have. :) It's just that I wish I had something as high-quality as my 5D Mk II. But like you said it is far too bulky and would seriously impede the great exploits I hope to accomplish on the ski slopes. ;)

    Ruth Ann -- that's great! Yes, I'm really looking forward to her wedding, for a whole lot of reasons. And thanks for following my blog -- I hope to keep it worthwhile to follow! :)

    ReplyDelete